Monday, October 1, 2007

Watching Chick Flicks Together


I really enjoyed watching several "chick flicks" on Lifetime TV with my daughter this weekend. When she was younger, she was more interested in watching children's movies and usually avoided watching MY movies with me. Now, we usually enjoy the same kind of movies--especially the ones that make us cry! It's hard to explain, but if a movie literally brings tears to our eyes, we consider it a REALLY good movie. Lifetime TV and Lifetime Movie Network almost always show movies that we both like, and most of the time we are both wiping our tears at some point during the movies. There are other channels we enjoy, too---like WE and Oxygen. And there is even a channel dedicated to nothing but romance films (Love Channel?). Sometimes we rent movies that we both enjoy, too. The guys enjoy watching "action flicks" and we enjoy watching "chick flicks." Sometimes we go to the theater together and split up when there: guys to their movie, girls to theirs. There are many things that I enjoy doing with my daughter, but watching movies that we both like is one of the most enjoyable. We eat microwave popcorn and pass the box of tissue back and forth during the emotional scenes. I am really enjoying some great mother-daughter bonding moments with my teenage daughter. Thanks, Lifetime TV, for being a big part of it! :)

No comments: