Saturday, September 29, 2007

A Room of His Own


It is hard to say who is the messier person: my son or my daughter. They both have been known to make huge messes! However, I would say that LATELY, my daughter has been a bit messier than my son. She is really into art/drawing/sketching, and she often leaves her art supplies strewn everywhere. Also, she has more clothes than my son does, so her piles of discarded outfits seem much bigger and messier when she doesn't put her clothes away. They both are doing pretty well about cleaning up before someone comes to see our house. However, I would say that my son goes into his room and quickly picks up: he takes 15 minutes at the most. My daughter needs at LEAST 30 minutes or more to get her mess cleaned up. I'm not sure if that all coincides or not, but it stands to reason that the bigger mess would take longer to clean. Either way, if they both continue to help clean up during this stressful time of trying to sell our home, they will both be rewarded equally. My son already knows what he wants to spend his money on: video games that we have told him we won't buy and upgrades that we won't be purchasing. My daughter may end up spending her money on clothes because she keeps seeing things she likes and is disappointed that she cannot afford to buy them. She spent her birthday money on clothes and accesories, and I imagine she will do the same with this money, too. So, to summarize, they are both messy but my daughter may be a bit MORE messy...she is really into clothes and accessories and often leaves them lying around in piles. When they receive compensation for their work around the house, my son will probably spend his money on video games and my daughter will probably spend her money on her wardrobe. I'm just glad they are keeping their rooms fairly clean so we can show potential buyers our house without suffering from total embarrassment! I hope they keep up the good work! :)

No comments: