Monday, September 24, 2007

Leftovers!


Once the girls had all gone home, my son returned from his friend's house. He was SO glad that he wasn't there for his sister's sleepover. According to him, her friends weren't in the category of "hot girls"...wonder how soon THAT will change! I have a brother two years older than me, and I remember well how that all went: at first I had crushes on his friends but the feelings were not returned, then they began to notice me but still thought I was too young, and finally, I ended up dating guys that were my brother's age. It all progresses fairly quickly: my crushes were when I was around 13 years old and they were 15, then they noticed me a bit when I was 14 and they were 16, and I was dating them by the time I was 15 and they were 17. I imagine I will see some of the same changes occur during the next few years. My daughter has already noticed some of her brother's cute friends, but they aren't returning the feelings just yet. However, give it a little more time, and I am sure my son's friends will be asking my daughter on dates. And I just bet that the same girls that my son finds annoying right now will be the "hot girls" in a few years...I bet he will be asking his sister to fix him up with some of her friends someday. Oh, the irony of how it all changes so quickly: from annoying pests to possible dating material! :) Anyway...once my son arrived home, he began to rummage through the leftover snacks and food from the party. He was glad to discover several slices of leftover pizza and some soda. You just can't go wrong with pizza and soda when it comes to teenagers! :) He also had some leftover birthday cake and other snacks. While he was glad to have missed the festivities, he was more than happy to finish off the leftovers! :) Now he needs to get back on his bike and work it all off! :)

No comments: