Monday, September 24, 2007

Art and Music


I am proud to say that both my son and my daughter are very talented in the areas of art and music. They both spend a lot of time drawing and sketching, and they both own and play several different musical instruments. They each have electric keyboards, and I heard both of them composing and playing their own music this weekend. I can't begin to count the number of drawings and other art projects that I have saved because they made them. There are many things in life, but art and music are some of the most enjoyable. I am glad to see my teens spend time developing their talents and passions in this area. I'm not sure exactly what they will do with their lives in adulthood, but I would not be at all surprised to see them channel their artistic and musical talents into successful careers someday. I think that they would both enjoy being able to express themselves through these channels in their everyday life. Until then, I truly enjoy seeing their artwork and listening to their music: it soothes my soul and enriches my life. I am proud of myself for encouraging them in this way...they obviously have the talent and I provided a way for them to express it. I love to see and hear them express what is in their hearts! :)

No comments: