Thursday, September 27, 2007

Bonding Through Music


My daughter usually rides the bus to school, but today there was a traffic back-up and the bus never made it to our house so I drove her to school. At first I was feeling frustrated about the traffic and the whole situation, but I soon began to relax when she played some of her new CDs. I bought her these CDs for her birthday at her request. I have to admit, I like them almost as much as she does! :) Our favorite Gwen Stefani song is "Sweet Escape." Our favorite Fergie song is "Big Girls Don't Cry." Our favorite Hilary Duff song is "Stranger." And our favorite Avril Lavigne song is "Keep Holding On." We enjoyed listening to good music together and we even found ourselves singing along every now and then. I love these mother-daughter bonding moments! My son likes some classic rock and we enjoy listening to that together, but he likes some alternative rock that I do not enjoy. When my daughter plays her new CDs around him, he complains and says that he hates that music. So being able to be in the car, just my daughter and I, listening to music that just the two of us enjoy--it was really quite nice. The drive to school wasn't planned, but it ended up being a nice bonding experience. My thanks to Gwen, Fergie, Hilary, and Avril--they were a big part of a nice mother-daughter moment! :)

No comments: