Saturday, September 29, 2007

A Room of Her Own


Our house is on the market and we have shown it to several families in the past few weeks. It is really tough keeping everything clean and tidy (ready to show) while living here...ESPECIALLY with two teenagers! One minute their rooms look good, the next...I could swear a tornado had hit our house! Many times a call from a potential buyer has sent us into a frenzy picking up after ourselves. Luckily, they are getting pretty good at cleaning up before we show it. It is getting to be part of their routine. However, I really don't know where the "stuff"' that makes it looks so messy comes from, and I sure don't know where they put the "stuff" when it is clean! All I know is that their rooms have looked fine when someone comes to see the house, but they can look like disaster areas at other times. Oh, how I hope we sell our house soon! This part of moving and starting a new life is NOT fun...I just want to be out of this house and into the next one! At least my teens are doing a good job about cleaning their rooms (when necessary). We told them that there would be a monetary reward for all of their effort as we try to keep things clean while selling our home. Without the money incentive, I can't imagine how things would be! I AM proud of them, though, and they deserve to be paid for their hard work. Good job, everyone! :)

No comments: