Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Family Guy



My son loves the show "Family Guy"--yeah, not at all educational, but VERY funny! Actually, there have been times that I have mentioned to my son a celebrity from the 70s or 80s that I know was "before his time"--but often he KNOWS about these people! I ask him--"Where in the world did you hear about them?"--he says, "It was on Family Guy"!! Apparently, they have references to a lot of popular culture--yes, they satire people a lot, but I still think it is neat that this generation is learning at least a little bit about our old celebrities from back in the day. Well, not that this show is FULL of pop culture trivia, but there is some. Anyway--it is sometimes a bit "off-color" but I think my son is mature enough to watch it. There have been times that I might say that something is not nice or gross, but he just rolls his eyes at my opinion. I just know that he can always be heard laughing almost the entire time the show is on, so he really likes it! :)

No comments: