Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Broken Wheels


My son is in a biking club at school, but his bike wheel needed to be repaired. I thought he was going to take the whole bike to a shop for repair, but he surprised me this morning by bringing the wheel (he removed it from the bike) with him to school! He carried it with him on the bus and gave it to someone in his biking club that said they could fix it (or knew where to take it to get it fixed). I guess he is beginning to figure many things out for himself without my help. It won't be long before he begins to drive, and then he may be making some of his own car repairs or taking his car to a friend's house to work on it together. I am amazed when I see young men repair their own cars--all I can do is look at the engine and wonder what could possibly be wrong. So today, he and his friends are repairing his bike wheel--and it won't be long before he and his friends are working on their car engines together. That is a huge advantage considering the cost of labor on car repairs these days--maybe I will have my son and his friends repairing MY car some day, too! :) Having a teenage son who can do these things is kind of cool! :)

No comments: