Saturday, October 20, 2007

Big Shoes For Big Feet




We went shoe shopping the other day, and I was amazed at how big my teens' feet are now--especially my son's. I don't know why I was surprised--they are definitely the size of adults now. My daughter and I can share some shoes, size 8 to 8 1/2. She can even wear size 9 in some styles. My son wears around size 10 1/2 to 11, depending on the type of shoe. His dad wears size 13, so I guess he has inherited his dad's big feet. It is so weird once your kids outgrow you! When we were shopping, we saw some tiny baby shoes and I remembered when they had such little feet. Then we saw the kids' sizes--I remember those small feet very well. Now, we go straight to adult sizes--at first, the beginning sizes--but now, the larger ones. I know many women who have small feet and wear sizes 5 or 6 shoes. I also know many men who have average sized feet and wear around an 8 or 9. My teens seem to be on the larger size in the shoe department. I DON'T know a lot of adults who wear these sizes--and there is a good chance that their feet will continue to grow in the next few years. So they may have trouble finding shoes in adulthood if they go to bigger sizes--it seems especially difficult to find pretty shoes for women in larger sizes. Dainty heels for dainty feet?--not my daughter! :) But it is interesting, though--they may have big feet, but they are very thin and of average height. It is neat to see how everything balances out once a person stops growing--I have a feeling that my teens will grow to be relatively tall adults--tall and thin, with big feet. In the meantime, I continue to be amazed at how much they have grown lately--do we ever get over that? :)

1 comment:

selma said...


Öz kızını Öldüren annenin dini haberler sıcak dakika haberleri