Monday, October 8, 2007

Freshman Yearbook Portraits


Now that my son is in high school, he does a lot of things with the Freshman class as a group. They are collectively known as the "Class of 2011." They had their individual and class portraits made recently. These pictures, along with some snapshots made throughout the year, will go in the yearbook under the Freshman section. As time goes on, this class will have Sophomore portraits, Junior portraits, and Senior portraits. I know that the Senior year is probably the biggest and most important year, but it all starts here--at the beginning--the Freshman year. Each of the four years of high school have their own special moments that finally culminate in graduation. I am enjoying the pleasure of watching the "Class of 2011" from afar--I have been able to sneak a few photos every now and then, but Freshman are very wary of parents hanging around them with cameras drawn and ready. I have several photos of my son rolling his eyes or making an expression that shows his feelings about me taking pictures of him and his friends. I am trying to back off and sneak some photos without being noticed. I am hoping that this will become less of an issue as this class moves forward toward their Senior year. I think Seniors realize that the end is near and become much more sentimental than Freshman--and they seem more willing to pose for pictures to document their high school years, too. Until then, I'll sneak photos when I can--and there will always be these Freshman yearbook pictures to look back on! :)

No comments: