Monday, October 8, 2007

My Daughter, The Artist


While my daughter was at her grandmother's house, I ran across one of her sketchbooks. She has filled its pages with many drawings, and they all are very good! Of course, I am her mother so I will ALWAYS think her drawings are good--but they REALLY are! She has said several times that she wants to "be an artist," but I tell her that she IS an artist. Then she says that she is referring to making a career out of it. I have helped her look at the possibilities of things she can do in the field of art and design. Sometimes she says that she would enjoy something like fashion design or interior design. Other times she says that computer graphics and animation interests her. There are many things that people with artistic talents can do to make a living. I don't know for sure what my daughter will do with her life, but I am almost certain that it will be something that uses her artistic talents. It is really all very exciting to think about the future careers of my teens. I will be proud of them no matter what they do!

No comments: