Monday, October 8, 2007

Sims 2


Both my son and daughter enjoy playing The Sims games, but my daughter has really become a fan of Sims 2 lately. I think it is because she has set things up for dating and other teen situations. Since she isn't allowed to date yet or go out on her own, she seems to enjoy living vicariously through The Sims. Virtual reality isn't as good as the real thing, but it runs a close second. I think there are many adults who enjoy playing Second Life on line. I guess Second Life is like an amped up version of The Sims with many more options. I'm not sure if I will introduce my daughter to Second Life--I'd rather see her go from The Sims to real-life situations. It makes me think about how many people just stay home and live their lives hrough their computers. Some people don't have RL (real life) friends--only virtual ones. Using the computer and internet as a supplement to an active social life can be a good thing, but having no social life in the real world and spending hours on line socializing--not a good thing. So she can play a bit of Sims 2 for now, but I want to see her getting out of the house and hanging out with her friends in real life. We will deal with dating situations as they arise--until then, virtual dating might can be a good training ground. :)

No comments: