Monday, October 8, 2007

October Means Halloween and Scary Movies!










My daughter returned home from her grandmother's house and wanted to watch some television since they don't watch things that she likes over there. Now that October is here, there are MANY scary movies being shown on television. She chose to watch several scary movies, plus she watched a few CSI episodes. I don't know if I will be able to get into the "Halloween mood" any time soon, but she is looking forward to it. She is a lot like me. though--I used to stay up late watching scary movies when I was her age. Nothing was too scary for me, and she seems to be the same way. When she was younger, I worried about things like having bad dreams and seeing too much violence on television. Now, she watches movies that I used to "veto" from her list of choices. I still worry, but now she seems to like things that are scary more than gory or violent. I can't tell you how many times she has watched, "When a Stranger Calls"--most of the film is about suspense, not gore. Still, I prefer watching "chick flicks" with her--hopefully there will be more of those once October and the Halloween season passes. Until then, I guess I better get used to hearing screams coming from the television. At least she is old enough to know that it is all "movie magic"--she has even been to the movie studios to see how it all works. Now that she knows the secrets behind the cameras, she seems to just enjoy the suspense and plot lines. Still, I am really looking forward to November and December because there will be more heart-warming movies than scary ones. Until then...LOOK OUT!!!

No comments: