Sunday, October 14, 2007

Grandparents' Alaskan Cruise









After we went out to dinner, we decided to visit my parents (my teens' grandparents) because they wanted to give me a birthday card and gift. They had just returned from an Alaskan cruise, and they showed us their pictures from their vacation. Even my teenagers were interested in these photos--there were some really gorgeous shots of Alaska and the surrounding areas. I've never been on a cruise of any kind, and neither have my teens. However, after seeing the luxury cruise ship, we all would like to go on a cruise someday soon. Once we move to Florida, there is a good chance that we could take one out of Port Canaveral to the Caribbean. We may still want to visit the Northwest someday, but I think we all were more fascinated with the idea of a cruise more than anything else. Where it goes is less important than enjoying the cruise itself. I have even seen some cruises that cater to teenagers and their families--that would be cool! :) So, here's to happy cruising! Maybe one day we will be among the people who call themselves "cruisers." That would be fun! :)

No comments: