Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Scrapbooking


My daughter printed out some of her digital photos and put them in a scrapbook. She is taking after me! :) I used to spend hours scrapbooking our family photos--I've gotten behind lately and need to catch up. Now that they are older, my teens take their own photos and keep up with them. My son usually keeps his digitally and rarely prints them out. He sends them to friends and posts them in his MySpace account. My daughter would rather print them out and put them in albums that she has elaborately decorated. She has the cutest stickers and other scrapbooking supplies! I enjoy looking at her albums and scrapbooks because they show life from her perspective. She even lets me read some of her journals to let me know how she is feeling. It is interesting to see the difference between my son and daughter on issues like this--she is more open to sharing her feelings and talking to me about her life. He is less open about things--we talk, but he is less eager to share his deepest feelings like my daughter does. He talks to his dad more than me when it comes to serious issues. He talks to his friends the most--that is to be expected--teens share things with their peers that they don't want to share with their parents. I wonder if my daughter will become less open with me as she ages and matures--I hope not, but I guess it is also to be expected. Until then, I am really enjoying the fact that she shares so much about her life with me. And I LOVE looking at her scrapbooks! :)

No comments: