Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Studying For Tests


My son has a lot of tests to take this week--they are nearing the end of the first quarter, so these tests are a big part of their grades. They won't have a lot of homework during testing, but they DO need to study every night. My son has what is known as a "photographic memory"--he can picture a page of notes in his mind and practically read it from memory, word-for-word. He got that from me! :) I usually had no problem taking tests that were composed from notes and textbooks when I was in school. My toughest subject was math--not as much about memorizing things as other subjects are. Sometimes my son will hand me his notes and ask me to quiz him on the material. I am amazed at how well he seems to know his stuff! He is making pretty good grades in high school so far--a big improvement from middle school. The thing about his middle school grades is that he often just forgot to do things or to turn them in on time. I am so glad to see that this problem has improved greatly now that he is in high school. He has the potential of making excellent grades as long as he doesn't forget things--I hope his renewed awareness continues throughout high school and college. At this point in his education, the number one secret to making good grades seems to be to take good notes and STUDY, STUDY, STUDY those notes. He is doing great so far! :)

No comments: