Monday, October 8, 2007

Sharing Clothes With My Daughter


Even though most school days have been really warm so far, we did have one day when it was cool in the morning and my daughter wanted to wear a jacket. She looked at the choices in her closet and rejected them all. We really haven't been shopping for fall clothes yet because most days are just too warm. She asked me if she could wear MY jacket--the leather one I bought last year and rarely take out of the closet. I was a bit hesitant, but I changed my mind once I saw it on her--she looked awesome! I knew she would take good care of it now that she is older--I no longer have to worry about things like getting clothes muddy or ripped on playgrounds! :) She wore my jacket and her new boots--she looked really cool! She said that some of the boys in her class really noticed her and gave her compliments! :) I am now realizing that we wear almost the same size in many things--we can share a lot of clothes now! I guess that means that we can practically double our wardrobes by sharing things. I am trying to choose things to wear that aren't too "matronly" or too "teen-like"--sometimes adding a few accessories can do wonders! That way she can wear some of my things without looking too old, and I can wear some of her things without looking too young (or like I am trying to look younger than I am). This is one aspect about having a teenage daughter that is kind of cool! :) We love to go shopping together and we like a lot of the same things. I guess that in the future we can buy more things that belong to US instead of being mine or hers. This could be a lot of fun! :)

No comments: