Thursday, October 18, 2007

Moving Files With a Flash Drive



My teens had some of their files on my laptop, so today they used a flash drive to move them to the Dell desktop. They are still very disappointed about not being able to use the laptop--they cannot stand the idea of using the old monitor. So the transition from the laptop to the desktop went smoothly for them--save to a flash drive and copy it to the Dell hard drive--no big deal. As for me, I am still trying to back up all of my files on disc--flash drive won't cut it for me because I have so many files. Come to think of it, it really is amazing how they use technology these days. They each take flash drives to school to save their work there and bring it home to work on it here. Sometimes they attach files to their email in order to get it home. One day, my son emailed me and asked me to attach some files and send it to him while he was at school. I did, and he completed his project minutes after I sent his files to him. That is just so cool, isn't it? Much different than the old days of "Mom, can you please bring me my homework"!! Now, it's an email plea of "Mom, can you please attach my homework to an email and send it to me"!! Technology has come a LONG LONG way!! :)

No comments: