Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Family Desktop Computer


So here is the Dell desktop--the computer that my teens are now limited to using because they hate using my laptop hooked up to the old monitor. That's ok, though--now they won't be begging me to use my laptop anymore! Still, I am beginning to miss the convenience of moving around the house with my laptop, so I may be sending it off for repair soon. I can always use the Dell when they aren't on it--and I do. But I am realizing how nice it is to carry my laptop to a comfortable place to either write or to access the internet through the wireless connection. My daughter helped me to put it all in perspective though--I was moping around as if in mourning for my laptop and feeling bad about dropping it and messing it all up--she told me to get over it because it was just a computer, not a person! We just went through the sadness of losing a person from our lives, and I needed to get some perspective on this--she is completely right. So I dropped my computer--so what--I'll get over it. Fix it--or don't. Either way, life goes on and everyone is fine. I think I will take this piece of advice to heart. Sometimes it takes the perspective of youth to help adults see life clearly. It is, after all, JUST a computer! :)

No comments: