Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wendy's Frosty


Today was one of our very busy afternoons, shuttling back and forth to several places after school. On days like this, we truly have to "eat and run," so fast food is usually our best option. My daughter's favorite is ALWAYS Taco Bell, so we went there first on the way to our first drop off place. She ate a couple of soft tacos on the way. Later, it was time to pick my son up, feed him, and drop him off again. He chose Wendy's. My daughter was back in the car at this point, and she requested a small Wendy's Frosty. We ran by Wendy's, picked up our order, and they ate in the car. I know, I know--this is NOT the best way to feed my family. The good news is that they USUALLY make pretty good choices when we eat out--and they occasionally go for treats that aren't bad every now and then. They are very healthy and in great shape--not overweight at all, and really on the thin side--so I guess that an occasional splurge on unhealthy food isn't going to mess them up too bad. But I do know about the obesity problem in America--and a LOT of it is due to eating too much fast food and junk food. It just seems "un-American" to not participate in the fast food craze! :) I really do want them to pick up good eating habits, though. I don't want them to eat too many things that are bad for them on a regular basis. As long as MOST of our meals are healthy, I guess a few not so great meals will be okay. My daughter ate tacos for dinner--they were reasonably healthy with lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese. I guess a small Wendy's Frosty isn't so terrible every now and then. She sure did enjoy it! :)

No comments: