Monday, April 28, 2008

Wasting Gas


I hate wasting gas!--especially now that it costs so much! The other day, my son needed a ride to one of his club events. When we arrived, he was told that the event was canceled. We had wasted a trip! I hate that! I tried to think of things that we needed to do while we were out, but there were some things that just couldn't be done during that time period. Another day, my daughter's bus never arrived in the morning, even though my daughter was not running late that day. She was worried about being late to school, so I drove her. As we entered an intersection, we saw why the bus was late--there was an accident and traffic was rerouted around it. We had to drive WAY out of the way to get around the wreck and get to her school. She was 30 minutes late! I hate days like that--not just the part about being late, but the large amount of gas that I had to use. I TRY to drive less, but it doesn't always work out as planned. We live in an area that has NO public transportation and NOTHING is in walking distance. We HAVE to drive! At least my teens can ride the bus to school, but days like this cancel that all out!

No comments: