Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Neighborhood Watch


My son went with a neighbor, who happens to be a police officer, on a neighborhood watch the other night. Since he also patrols the community, they didn't stay just in the neighborhood. My son really enjoyed this experience! He has a lot of ideas about what career path he will choose, and he is considering law enforcement. I will be proud of him no matter what he does--I can't imagine, though--"My son, the cop". He also has talked about going into the military. I think I will be worrying about my son no matter what path he chooses--and I will be proud of him whatever he does--but I sure will worry about him if he is in the line of fire on a daily basis. But it is HIS choice, not mine. This experience was good for him, and he may not choose this line of work at all, but it was interesting to open his eyes to a possible future. Be careful and stay safe!

No comments: