Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dogwoods are Blooming


One nice thing about our house--even though I am SO ready to move!--is the wooded lot that surrounds it. We have many beautiful trees that bloom in the spring. There are several dogwood trees that are currently blooming--they really are pretty! I know when we move to Florida that the trees are very different there--many don't change much and stay green all year long. And there are LOTS of palm trees in Florida--they are pretty in their own way! Still, I am trying to enjoy the changes in our wooded yard as spring arrives--I am HOPING that it will be our last time to see it!! I used to watch the trees change each season and think how lucky I was to live in a place with four distinct seasons. I especially loved spring and fall--watching the trees bud and bloom and watching the leaves change colors and fall--it inspired me to do things in life to mimic the renewal and changes in nature. Now, it is much less inspiring to me--I just am reminded of yet another season that we are stuck here and not moving forward. I know--it's all about attitude--I normally am an optimistic person and think positive thoughts about most things in life--I guess I have a bad attitude right now--it's not like me, but it is how I really feel right now. Spring is a beautiful time of renewal--I should be watching nature and enjoying it's beauty--but, instead, all I can think about it is the beauty of Florida's palm trees and tropical flowers that bloom all year long. I know--I have Florida on my brain--I'll try to welcome spring here and have a better attitude--still, it can't hurt too much to hope that this is our last spring here--I sure hope that is true!

No comments: