Friday, April 18, 2008

Time Flies


I am really seeing the fruition of this saying come true on a daily basis lately. On a day-to-day level, it seems that we are just getting going each day and then, blink, the sun is setting and the day is ending--what happened to all of that time in between? And no sooner do we survive the Monday rush when, suddenly, it is TGIF again! As the whole weekend stretches out before us on Friday afternoon, soon it is Sunday night and we are once again preparing for another busy week. Now, as April marches on and the summer quickly approaches, I cannot believe how fast the school year has gone! It seems that school just started, and now it is almost over for the year. And as the graduation season approaches and some of our friends' kids are graduating from high school, I absolutely cannot believe that my son will be doing this in only 3 short years--and my daughter in just 5 years! WOW--time really DOES fly!! Sometimes I have to look back at all that has happened--in a day, in a week, in a month, in a year, in a decade, and thus far in my lifetime...I hope that I have many more years ahead of me, but boy this time that has passed sure has been great! It motivates me to try harder to enjoy each and every moment instead of constantly looking ahead--I think I am missing out on some of the daily things because my gaze is so glued to the future. When I look at things from this perspective, I can see clearly that the future will be here VERY soon--I should stop and smell the roses while I wait for it to arrive! :)

No comments: