Monday, April 28, 2008

Six Weeks



My teens began counting down the last six weeks of school. I'm not sure why they are focused on 6 weeks, really. Their quarters are 9 weeks long. A month is about 4 weeks. Once they went from 10 weeks to 9 weeks, they were happy about the single digit factor. They have been counting down for a while now, but 6 weeks seemed to be a turning point somehow. I took the opportunity to focus on the 6 week theme, too. I need to get back into the habit of exercising--I did really well for over a year, then things got busy and my exercise routine was the first thing to go. I am determined to get back into the routine--six weeks of exercising regularly should be a good starting point. I heard something one time that referred to "Give me X amount of time, and I can break any bad habit." I THINK it referred to 6 weeks, but I'm not sure. I will use that idea in this case--give me six weeks, and I can set myself in a new direction--and I should be able to stick to it once I do it regularly for six weeks. Anyway--just six short weeks and summer will be here. It would be REALLY nice if we could sell our house in six weeks!! I'll keep trying!

No comments: