Wednesday, April 16, 2008

2,000 Wii Points


I decided to purchase this card for the Wii--mainly because I was curious about the internet access feature. It was $20 for 2,000 Wii points--the internet feature used 500 points and the other 1,500 points can be used to download games. Once we were online with the Wii, we explored some web sites, sent some email, and played some online games. It is pretty cool! It is ALMOST like having an extra computer around--not quite, but almost. My son has a keyboard for his PS2 that works with the Wii--it makes surfing the net a lot easier than using the virtual keyboard on the screen. My only negative comment is that the "Wii-mote" (Wii controller) is used like a mouse and is a bit hard to get used to--it vibrates every time it hits a link and is not always easy to line up the cursor--it is like using a vibrating shaky mouse and can get frustrating trying to point and click. Other than that, it is really neat! My teens thought it was cool to use the Wii to check on their MySpace pages and communicate with their friends. I think buying the Wii points card was well worth it!

No comments: