Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream


After our dinner at Red Lobster, we went out for ice cream. My husband chose this instead of the traditional birthday cake--we LOVE ice cream! There are many wonderful flavors that we enjoy, but there is something about spring that makes us choose mint chocolate chip. I think it stems from when I used to take my kids to McDonald's in March to get their "shamrock shakes"--milkshakes with the mint chocolate chip flavor. We used to eat lots of green things in the spring, but this was one of our favorites. I guess McDonald's stop carrying these a few years ago--I used to ask for them and the young servers there didn't know what I was talking about. Oh well--we can still get mint chocolate chip ice cream at other places--and we sometimes get it made into milkshakes! Yum! :)

No comments: