Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pet Sitting


My son often volunteers to check on the neighbors' pets when they are out of town. He has a few "pet sitting" jobs to tend to this week during spring break. He doesn't mind it, and he enjoys making a few extra dollars this way. Still, he would like a REAL job soon--he can't drive alone yet, so a real job means that I would have to provide the transportation. I am all for him getting a job, I just don't know if I can always provide a ride for him. As nervous as I am about him driving alone in the future, I do look forward to his growing independence regarding transportation. It will be kind of nice when he can drive himself to and from school, work, and activities. Until then, taking care of neighborhood pets seems to be working for him. He sure does enjoy earning the money! :)

No comments: