Thursday, February 21, 2008

American Idol


Truthfully, there is only so much American Idol I can take--I just can't sit through ALL of it! My daughter and I watch sometimes--we pick our favorites and root for them, but we don't always watch them. I used to watch the "bad ones" at the beginning of each season--I'm kind of getting bored with that. We still love Kelly Clarkson--she is truly talented! We like Jordan's song, Tattoo. We LOVE Carrie Underwood...and Kelly Pickler, too! And when they have celebrities on there, we sometimes enjoy watching those shows. Still, I think we feel a bit oversaturated with American Idol. I'm not sure how many seasons they have had, but it is beginning to feel like TOO much. Now that the writers strike is over, I would love to see MUCH less reality tv and much more drama/fiction on television. Hey, I have always enjoyed reality shows--in the beginning, I was a huge fan of The Real World on MTV. But it's been more than a decade, and it seems that we have gone way overboard with the genre. I think it is time for creativity to get a boost--new shows--and make them GOOD shows--and much less reality, please! As for Idol, it would be nice to go out with a bang at the end of the season, but that isn't how it works. If it makes money, it will continue. SO--my opinion may or may not be aligned with other viewers. I just know this--too much of a good thing CAN be a bad thing! We all love sugary sweet things, but eating too much can cause one heck of a stomachache! Come on, writers--now that you are back to work, come up with some really amazing and unique things (no more remakes or sequels, please!)--we dare you! :)

No comments: