Monday, February 18, 2008

Cyber Fighting


Cyber fighting--a new phenomenon unique to this generation. My son and daughter apparently took their latest fight online. They were arguing on MySpace, and I think they even did things to "sabotage" each other's pages! This is new to me! My brother and I had big fights, but I could have never imagined fighting through the internet!! After I caught wind of it, I made them fix anything they had changed--they seem happy with things now, so I guess all is well. Maybe this is equivalent to, what...boys going into the boys bathroom and writing something on the wall about a girl, and vice-versa? So then you have to find a way to get in there and correct it? Well, apparently they called a truce and the pages are fixed. Nothing vile or indecent was done--they just made fun of each other--still, it isn't nice and it isn't right. I don't want them to do that anymore! I never expected to deal with cyber fighting--and then there is cyber bullying that can go way too far--we haven't had to deal with that--YET!! The internet--a blessing or a curse? I guess it can be both! In this case, I don't like how it was used!

No comments: