Monday, February 18, 2008

Sibling Rivalry



My teens have always had sibling rivalry, but it seems to have intensified through the years. Lately, they are really big about telling each other things like, "Leave me alone!" "Leave my stuff alone!" "Stay out of my room!" "Stay away from me!" and "Stay out of my life and mind your own business!" I guess this is totally normal--I just hope that they one day mature and become good friends. In just a few years, my son will leave home to go off to college/military--I remember that stage for my brother and me. We fought a lot during our teens--once he left for college, we became good friends. I certainly hope that is in the future for my teens. Right now, it is hard to imagine. I love to watch old home movies--they got along so well when they were small! I hope it all goes full circle in the future. Until then, I try to keep them away from each other as much as possible. I love them both and want to see them get along better!

No comments: