Thursday, February 21, 2008

Wife Swap


I'm not sure why, but we love to watch this show! We also liked Trading Spouses--don't know if it is coming back anytime soon or not, though. It is interesting to see the extremely opposite families interact--we usually end up feeling pretty good about our lives--and we feel MUCH more "normal" and "middle of the road" than most of the families featured! I guess it takes people who are extreme in some way to really work well on this show--it would be pretty boring if the families were too similar and "middle of the road"! I guess I am very family-oriented, so my opposite would be someone who is self-centered and neglectful of their family--NOT someone I would want to be in close quarters with or allow around my family! I have seen those types on talk shows--they need therapy, and switching houses for a week or two won't help them at all! Anyway--some of the situations are interesting, and some are quite humorous. We usually end up having a "favorite" family--one we agree with more than the other one. At times, though, we completely disagree with both families! I do like to see the end when they say what they have learned from the experience--it usually turns out to be a productive thing for both families. I guess this show will go on for a while--there seems to be no end to the supply of completely opposite families who are quite extreme in their views and lifestyles! :)

No comments: