Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving Break


My teens have the entire week of Thanksgiving out of school this year. We will spend some time at home and some time with family. We will travel for part of the week to see my in-laws. My son is already complaining that he will miss his friends while he is gone--he wishes we were staying in town all week. My daughter expressed some of the same sentiments. Thanksgiving with teenagers--I remember it well from their point-of-view. While it is supposed to be a time for families, teenagers usually want to spend more time with their friends than with their families. At least they can stay in touch through the internet. I predict that many teens will spend most of the holidays online with friends--they will have to be coaxed away from their computers and forced to socialize with their family members for at least a few minutes. Holidays sure do change when they hit adolescence! :)

No comments: