Saturday, November 17, 2007

Hours and Hours of Homework


Both my son and daughter had an unusual amount of homework this week. I guess the teachers were trying to get in some assignments before Thanksgiving Break. One night, in particular, I think they both were working for SEVERAL hours on some projects--they looked exhausted by the time they finished. I know that the older they are, the more homework they will have--but still, they work hard all day and then work hard well into the night--it seemed like a bit of overkill this week. But all of the hard work IS paying off--they are still maintaining their good grades and I am proud of them. At least they get some time off next week to rest and recouperate before returning after Thanksgiving. Then it will be full-speed ahead for the next few week until Christmas vacation. BTW--there have been some changes in our moving plans AGAIN--looks like we will still be here during Christmas and not in Florida yet--this is driving us crazy!! Oh, well--when it is meant to be, it will all work out. My teens seem to be okay with the idea and even said they could wait until next summer! At the rate things are going, it may take that long to get us there!! Anyway--they are working hard and things are going well here until we do make the final move to our new lives. I guess things aren't so bad while we are waiting--I'm just ready to close one chapter in our lives and start a new one. Patience is NOT my strong suit! :)

No comments: