Saturday, November 17, 2007

Books About Dating


My daughter recently checked out both of these books from the library: "The Boyfriend List" and "The Boy Book." I think she might have a condition known as "boys on the brain"!! :) She is definitely head over heels and knee deep in "boy craziness"!! :) She has a HUGE crush on a boy at school and that is just about all she talks about lately. Everyday she comes in from school just gushing about what that boy said or did--she's got it bad! It is sweet to see her so excited about all of this because it is still so innocent--I'm just scared about the NEXT phase--real dating issues, broken hearts, and all that goes with it. Part of being a teenager is dealing with these issues--it WILL happen and I have to learn how to deal with it as a parent. One day I will look back on these early and innocent days with longing! :) I'll try to keep my cool as I watch her go through the later stages, but it won't be easy. Sweet and innocent crushes--aren't they great! :) I hope things stay in THAT stage for a long, long time! :)

No comments: