Monday, November 12, 2007

Teens and Cars


This actually is about what I drive, not what my teens drive--at least for now. We have had our minivan for 9 years now. It has a LOT of miles on it, has many things wrong with it, and is on its "last leg." I have grown tired of the minivan--it was my "soccer mom" vehicle and we have all outgrown it. I dream of driving a red convertible Mustang one day soon! :) When it comes to my teenagers, they will soon enter the driving years, and they HATE the idea of driving a minivan!! It reminds me of MY teens--when my Toyota Celica was broken down, I had to drive my parents station wagon!! My son would love to learn to drive on a Mustang. If and when he gets his own car, he would like an older sportscar--maybe an older Mustang. My daughter loves the new Volkswagon Beetle. Our family's future in the world of cars is about to change drastically--I don't think there is another minivan or an SUV in our future. Now we are moving into the "cool car stage." But it sure is hard to be happy in our old minivan while we wait! :)

No comments: