Monday, November 12, 2007

Freaky Friday


My teens were out of school today for a teacher's workday. My daughter slept late, then her friend came over and they watched movies. One movie they watched was "Freaky Friday." I found myself watching along, too--I really like this movie! It makes me keenly aware of the differences between parents and teenagers--and how we look at life COMPLETELY differently. Still, finding the commonality between parents and teens is the key to communication, so you just have to try to find SOME common ground. I think Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsey Lohan did a great job portraying the "other side." Too bad Lindsey couldn't stay the cute teen she was in this movie--that girl turned out to be a parents' worst nightmare, didn't she? We won't go into all of that right now--Linds isn't the ONLY girl who began as a cute, innocent teen and went completely awry!! I enjoy watching these girls in their younger, innocent days--if only we could turn back time! Anyway--cute movie, great for parents and teens to watch together (at least mothers and daughters). So, thanks to movies like this, I am inspired to try to see things from my teens' perspective--I try very hard to remember what it was like to be a teenager before automatically going into "mother mode." "Freaky Friday" is a fun flick to watch with teens! :)

No comments: