Saturday, January 19, 2008

SORBA Biking Club


My son is in a mountain biking club that has ties to SORBA--Southern Off-Road Bicycle Association. He has been riding several mountain trails in the area lately with his club. He really enjoys this and will miss it when we move to Florida. I looked into bike trails in Florida--no, there aren't any MOUNTAIN trails, but there are some really great places to ride. There are park trails, beach trails, and other trails in many areas of Florida. I think he will enjoy riding his bike there--although it will be very different than riding in the mountains. There are bike clubs that meet and ride together like the one here, they just ride different kinds of trails. There are even some that are associated with SORBA in Florida. I hope he can make a smooth transition with his extracurricular activities when we move. I want both my son and daughter to be happy in their new lives there, and keeping them active in their school and extracurricular lives is a big part of the equation. I am doing what I can to make it all work out! :)

No comments: