Friday, January 4, 2008

Car Emergencies and Family Rescues


We have an Oldsmobile minivan that is pretty much on its last leg. After visiting with some family members one night, we experienced some major car trouble. We were hours away at that point. My mother and brother rescued us with a tag-team effort--my brother met us at one point and got us to another spot, and my mother got us from there and took us home. My husband stayed behind in a hotel and took the car to be repaired the next day. As I was saying before, I know I can rely on my family in tough times--this was one of them, and they came through for us. I do love and appreciate them very much--I would do the same for them.

Once the car was repaired, we began to discuss the true issue--how much longer can the minivan make it before repairs would cost more than the total value? We're not sure about this, but we do know that we need to hurry up and get things in order in our lives so we can purchase a newer and safer vehicle. Life sometimes doesn't work out exactly how you want or need it to--sometimes things happen at the worst times. I hope and pray that we can get the house sold, line up two great paying jobs, and make the move to Florida--SOON! One of the first things we will do once all of the other factors fall into place will be to purchase a new vehicle. I just hope this old minivan will hang in there just a little bit longer!

No comments: