Sunday, January 27, 2008

Permission Slips


My son is about to embark on a three day field trip away from home. I signed the permission slip and drilled him on all of the details. I think I have as much information as possible, but it is still hard to let him go far from home for so long. The toughest trip was a few years ago--his middle school band went to Florida for a week. Everything went well and he had a great time, but I have to admit that I was a worrying and crying mother for a few days. He was so far from home--without me!! It was really tough to let him go--but it was a great experience he will always remember. Yes, there are always chaperones on these things--and yes, they use professional drivers to get them there. Still, I worry. I guess it is just part of being a mother--the worry never goes away, does it? Plus, I missed him! When they are gone a few days, it just doesn't feel right back home! He is excited about the upcoming trip, and I am excited for him. Still, the mother in me will worry and think about him the entire time he is gone. I hope he has fun--but I will be glad when he returns home! :)

No comments: