Friday, January 11, 2008

Dating a Best Friend's Ex



Apparently my son has a new girlfriend--only problem is, this new girl is his best friend's ex-girlfriend! I talked to him a bit about that--he says that his friend truly doesn't care. They all seem to be really casual about everything so far. When they went on the double date together, they all had fun. My son was crazy about his girlfriend then (now the ex), and his friend liked his girlfriend a lot, too. A few weeks passed, and both couples were broken up. I think my son's best friend has a new girlfriend and is not at all upset about someone dating his ex. My son began talking to the new girl a lot on the phone--before they knew it, they changed from friends to feeling "in love." It is still quite innocent--no dates yet, but planning one for the near future. Hmm--I wonder which would be better: a single date with just the two of them, or a double date with the best friend and his date (possibly putting the exes in an awkward situation). I think I remember a situation like that when I was a teen--but the ex was a very casual thing and it truly didn't bother me. There were some exes that truly broke my heart, though--those would have been awkward situations if my best friends had dated those guys. I guess it is up to them--if it is as casual as it seems, it probably won't really matter. Still, these things can get tricky! OMG--I don't miss dating at all! And I'm riding an emotional roller coaster just watching my teens go through it! What a ride!

No comments: