Friday, January 11, 2008

Expensive Field Trips



My son is participating in fundraisers for an upcoming field trip. Even with the extra funds, parents are expected to pay quite a bit for these trips. Some of the trips are really great and we wouldn't want him to miss them. Others are not really worth the expense, in my opinion. This upcoming trip sounds pretty good, but I don't know if we can come up with the amount that parents are expected to contribute. I want my son to do some things to earn some of it. I told him that he could have used his birthday and Christmas money for this, and he looked at me like I was crazy! It never occurred to him to use HIS money on a field trip! Oh, boy--do we have some work to do on this! I will have to come up with some ideas to make him truly earn his way on this trip. He is doing well with the organized fundraising--I just want him to continue the goal of saving money for the trip instead of just expecting his parents to foot the bill. We still have time--he will definitely appreciate it more if he earns it! He will be rewarded for his hard work! :)

No comments: