Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Online Drivers Education


My son recently signed up for an online drivers education course. It is a requirement in our state that they take drivers ed before getting their license. Since they don't offer drivers ed at his school, and since the private driving schools cost so much, we felt that this was a good option. It costs $55 and takes about 30 hours to complete. He turns 16 next month, so he better get busy! Surprisingly, he isn't pushing to get everything done by his birthday--he says he can wait for a few weeks afterward if needed. We aren't going to be able to purchase a car for him anytime soon--he will have to borrow my mini-van for a while!!--so there seems to be less of a rush--if he was getting a new car, he might feel differently!! I WISH I could buy him a car, but it just is way beyond our budget right now! Who knows what will happen in the future! For now, he just needs to become a licensed driver--we will take each step one day at a time. I will admit that I am very nervous about letting him drive alone even when he has his license. The day I just hand him the keys and let him go--oh my! And that day is coming soon!!! Teenagers and driving--it is a scary thing for parents!!!

No comments: