Sunday, November 9, 2008

Contact Lenses


My son has been wanting to get contact lenses for a while, so we finally let him. He used to wear glasses only occassionally. Lately, he seems to need them more often. He hates wearing them and really wanted to try something different. Everything seems to be going well so far--he says that he sees SO much better with contact lenses than he did with glasses! When I was a teenager, getting contact lenses changed my life! I had really goofy glasses, though--his weren't bad at all! Still, for a teenager, it can really boost self-confidence if you can look your best, and for us, contact lenses helped a lot! He has had a few problems--once he lost one and didn't know if it was stuck in his eye(it wasn't!), and once he needed replacements while at school(and learned about keeping back-up lenses handy). But I would say that it has been an overall positive experience for him. My daughter only wears her glasses occassionally, but she is thinking about trying contact lenses, too. She is watching how her brother deals with them first before actually taking the plunge. Oh, and today's disposable contact lenses are so inexpensive that it isn't such a big deal to lose one like when I was a teenager! I would have to give the teen and contact lenses experience an A plus! :)

No comments: