Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Basketball Season Begins


It sure does seem like high school football season ends just as soon as it begins! Since my son's school did not have a very good football season, there were no play-off games or anything that would extend the season a few more weeks. So now it is over--and basketball season has begun! My daughter's middle school does not have a football team, but they do have a basketball team--actually, they have both girl's and boy's teams. My son's high school has both boy's and girl's basketball teams as well. my son really isn't much of a basketball fan, she he rarely attends a game. My daughter often has crushes on the players at her school--or she at least gets an opportunity to sit with a boy that she likes while watching the games--so she likes to go to her games. She stayed after school for the first one, and I think there will be many more in the weeks ahead. Apparently, there was a pep rally before the first game--her "boyfriend" sat by her and held her hand! She is SO excited about it!! Oh, sweet girl--if only it could stay just as sweet and innocent as that!! So basketball games mean "dates" to my innocent daughter if her "boyfriend" sits by her and holds her hand--how adorable! If only things ALWAYS were as adorable as that!! I am enjoying watching her in these sweet and innocent days--she is 14 and it seems to be lasting longer than I thought it would--hallelujah! But I know that life is about to get much more challenging as far as teen dating is concerned, so I will enjoy these last few days of sweet innocence. And when things get much tougher regarding my daughter and boys, I will remember these days with fondness. And then: I will have to GET REAL!! Oh, boy!!

No comments: