Sunday, November 9, 2008

Halloween


Halloween just isn't the same around here anymore! We used to really be into it--carving pumpkins and all! Now, my daughter spent the night with a friend and went to a party, and my son just stayed home and did nothing. I was a bit melancholy about it all since my "kids" were no longer participating. I even debated whether or not to pass out candy to the neighborhood kids...I just wasn't into this year! I decided to get some candy as backup just in case I decided to participate. When it began to get dark, I got out the candy and turned on the porch lights. We really have had a lot of people move out of our neighborhood lately, so there really aren't a lot of kids left for times like this. But we did get some trick-or-treaters--each one tiny and cute! All I could think of as I looked at their precious faces was how my kids USED to be at Halloween! These adorable kids reminded me of "what used to be"--but I know that is is time to move on and not look back. I just sometimes feel a tug of nostalgia on my heart! I am truly glad to be moving into the future, but it is times like this that remind of of "the good old days"! :)

No comments: