Monday, November 15, 2010

Teenage Love


This year has been a good one for both of my teenagers regarding their love lives. Both reached the one-year mark of dating the same people since we moved to Florida. On the one hand, they may be missing out on the fun of dating lots of people in high school to get to know what they really like in a person--a good learning experience for adult relationships, I think. But on the other hand, they are learning about being in committed relationships and weathering the ups and downs within that relationship--also a good learning experience for adulthood. Both couples say they LOVE each other, but who knows if these will be long-term relationships or not. I just worry about them getting too serious at too young of an age--there will be plenty of time for serious relationships in the future...why rush it? They occasionally go out on dates with their loved ones, but they usually just hang out together...and usually they hang out here(in supervised situations). All-in-all, both my son and daughter seem very happy--they are both glad that we moved to Florida and they are especially glad that they met their current love interests. Dealing with teenage love and dating has been okay lately--I've had the chance to get to know the people who love my teens ALMOST as much as I do! :)

No comments: