Thursday, February 5, 2009

Timing is Everything


Both of my teens recently brought home paperwork about classes for next school year. This brought up issues related to our hopefully upcoming move to Florida. For now, I told them to go ahead and fill out the paperwork, just in case they were still here. BUT--we are all certainly HOPING to be in Florida by then! My son will be a Junior next year--no matter where he goes to school, he will have to take his basic courses and will have about two electives. If he doesn't choose those electives now, he may not be able to get into them in the fall. If we stay, he will get the electives he wanted. If we go, he may have a hard time choosing the electives he wants at a new school. I think he will be okay--but still, he REALLY wants to hurry up and get to Florida! Why do they make them choose their electives so early?! I hope he will be able to get the electives he wants if we move late in the summer! And my daughter--let's just say that she is NOT thrilled about starting high school here!! She is DYING to move before school starts in the fall!! They told her to go ahead and choose some electives here just in case. She cannot even begin to face that possibility! And when we move, she says that she doesn't care WHAT electives she gets because she will just be so glad to FINALLY be there! Oh, well--I just hope that everything will work out good for both of them. I WISH we could have moved earlier so this would not even be an issue. Timing really IS everything!

No comments: