Thursday, February 5, 2009

Get a Haircut!!


Have you noticed what the popular look for teenage boys is these days? SHAGGY!! Not long all over, not mullet style, not afro style--just messy/shaggy mop-top style! You remember that from the 70s, right? Like "Shaggy" on Scooby Doo? THAT is the "in" style now!! It's funny how I am suddenly feeling conservative about these things: every time I see that style(EVERYWHERE!), I cannot help it--my immediate thought is: GET A HAIRCUT!!! The fact that I am a chld of the 60s and 70s makes this ironic! I watched in horror as crew-cut fathers told their long-haired sons to: GET A HAIRCUT! Hey--I was a teenager in the 80s--I know all about the "hair bands" of that day! I don't know--I just haven't seen many teenage boys lately that I think have "good hair"--and I am HIGHLY aware that it doesn't matter what I think!--that is WHY they like it the way they do: if parents like short hair, they are going to like longer hair! Still: I may bite my tongue and not say a word, but I cannot get the words "Get a haircut" out of my mind when I see the shaggy styles worn today! And my son--he actually BELIEVES that his hair looks better with the longer shaggy style!! I showed him some of his photos from just a few months ago when he had a nice short hair cut--I HONESTLY think he looks SO much better with shorter hair! He cringed and he actually thought he looked worse with the shorter hair--he says he likes it much better like it is now(shaggy!). He also said that everyone agrees with him EXCEPT his parents!--surprise, surprise!! Oh, well! I will just bite my tongue and keep my opinion to myself I guess--this is a "pick your battles" issue--I am not worried about it (even though I think he looks SO much better with the shorter hair!!) :)

No comments: