Thursday, February 5, 2009

Embarrassing Moments


My daughter has had a few embarrassing moments lately. I don't want to embarrass her further by discussing the details, so let's just say that nothing happened that would scar her for life or anything--just general, mild embarrassment. And I certainly remember how amplified and exaggerated embarrassment can be for teenagers! The best advice I can give her is to just walk back into the situation with her head held high--and sometimes laughing about it can help, too. Other than that, I guess being embarrassed every now and then is just a fact of life that everyone has to learn to live with eventually. A few days have passed since the embarrassing moments occurred--she seems to be "over it" at this point. Hallelujah! I can see that she is becoming quite resilient about these kind of things. That means that she is beginning to mature into a strong and confident young woman. I am proud of her! :)

No comments: